3 years ago by admin and 141133 Views
When you asked, ‘Show me my browsing history’ I imagined you expected to find simple clear instructions on this. Well, look no further.
On a number of occasions, I have wanted to see my browsing history most often because I want to delete my search history. Fortunately for me, each time I’ve had to do it I have used the following instructions.
What is browsing history?
Without getting too technical, your browsing history is a list of all the website pages you visit on the internet as you go from one website to another. Thankfully, in this tutorial you are going to learn how to find and delete browsing history on your phone all at once or one history page at a time depending on what history you want to delete. However, before I show you how to delete the history, I’m going to show you how to find it.
Where is it stored on my phone?
Your browsing history is stored on your device under in the browser that you most use when surfing the internet. As a result, the answer to ‘Show me my browser history’ will change depending on the the browser you most commonly use.
With Google Chrome being the default browser on most iPhone & Android Phones, we have focused on how to find and delete browsing history on the Chrome browser on your phone.
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to view and delete all your history on any phone that has Google Chrome on it.
Let’s get right into it.
Step 1 : Firstly, open your Google Chrome browser.
- As a next step, click on the 3 small circles on the top right of the browser to access the menu.
- Once the menu appears scroll down until you see the ‘History’ option. Select it.
Step 2 : View your recent history
- This will show you all your recent history.
- At this point, you could choose to delete individual entries of history.
- To do this simply press the ‘BIN’ icon next to the list of pages you have visited.
Step 3 : How to Remove (all your history) your history
- However, if you would like to remove all or at least the last hour of your history, then proceed with the instructions below.
- At the top of the list, you will see a button that says ‘CLEAR BROWSING HISTORY’.
- Click on it to go to a menu where you can select just how much browsing history you want to delete.
- Select a time period from the options,
- past hour
- past day
- past week
- last 4 weeks
- the beginning of time
- Next, decide which element of your history you would like to delete. Select from
- Browsing History
- Cookies and site data
- Cached images and files
- Saved Passwords
- Autofill from data
- When you have selected the ones you want to delete, press the ‘CLEAR DATA’ button.
- That’s it you are done